The purpose of this campaign is to show FOX that we want them to make/post the decision if they intend to make the third Percy Jackson movie or not, tweet @percymovies and @20thcenturyfox to make them notice. For those who don’t know those posts about Logan saying that the titan’s curse was dead were “fake” he said his words were misunderstood, that actually the studio hasn’t said a word about it yet, so it might happen or not.
personal note: If you don’t like the movies just carry on with your life and don’t even lose time adding negative comments about the movies in this post.
I want Poseidon to be my father because I’m a terrible swimmer, my hair is blonde and my eyes are blue and I’m just being a poser because Poseidon is the most popular one :)
Actually no, I’m kidding. Poseidon is the God I identify the most with. Aphrodite too, but I don’t really know, though.
If you are a fan of the Percy Jackson films, and you wish for the rest of the films to be continued instead of cancelled, here is your chance. We, as the Percy Jackson film fandom, are planning to join together to fight for our cause. I am very much aware of the negativity towards the films, but I also continue to see love and positiveness towards them as well.
If you’d like some reasoning as to why the films should continue, here’s a few examples:
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief opened on February 12, 2010, in 3,356 theaters. Its opening weekend box-office results totaled $31,236,067 in the U.S., finishing at No.3. The film had a strong opening weekend for its genre, posting the highest opening weekend for a fantasy film not from the Harry Potter,Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, or Lord of the Rings series. As of September 14, 2010, it grossed a domestic total of $88,768,303 with $137,728,906 elsewhere in the world, bringing it to $226,497,209. It made way over it’s $95,000,000 budget.
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters grossed an estimated $68,519,879 in North America and $133,727,872 internationally for a worldwide total of $202,247,751. The film grossed $5.4 million on its opening day, taking the number No.2 spot at the domestic box office. During its extended five day opening weekend, the film debuted at the No.4 spot and grossed $23,258,113. It made way over it’s $90,000,000 budget.
ALTHOUGH MANY MIXED REVIEWS CAME IN FOR BOTH FILMS, POSITIVE FAN REACTIONS OCCURRED, TOO.
The Lightning Thief
- "Complaints aside, the film looks incredible, the special effects are excellent and the cinematography and scenery are clever and skillful. The music only adds to the excitement and the dialogue has some very nice moments with some humor from Grover and with Gabe when he is seen on television talking about Percy’s disappearance and both Medusa and Persephone are deliciously seductive in looks and in dialogue."
- "A bolt of family fun!"
- "I think it’s an awesome movie, perfect for a family night."
- "I love the Percy Jackson series and this film is really excellent!! The story and characters are skilfully developed really well which makes the movie really enjoyable and exciting. The plot differs from the book in parts but this doesn’t matter and it doesn’t effect the plot. When I watched the movie the first time I didn’t want it to end, and I haven’t stopped watching it since. This movie is action packed, funny, and has a very talented cast who resemble the images I had created of the characters when I was reading the books. Would strongly recommend this movie to anybody."
- "It was a good movie, based off of a good book. If you’re looking for something entertaining and fun to watch, go ahead and watch this movie. I know I’ll be buying the DVD."
- "For me, I enjoyed and studied Greek mythology and appreciated their attempts to modernize it, and I found myself completely immersed in their adventure, and the ending came too soon."
- "I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, the movie didn’t follow the book exactly, but that would be difficult considering how long the original book was. I thought the movie managed to stay close enough to the book that it was still an enjoyable experience to watch it for a fan of the book."
The Sea of Monsters
- “The story is simply perfect. You will love this movie if you really liked the first. Definitely a film series worth watching.”
- "I loved this film so much better than the first one. I felt the first movie left a lot of key plot points out, but this movie brought some things in without making the movie seem jumbled. I understand some people were looking for the movies to be an exact replica of the books on film, but I didn’t expect that. And I don’t think anyone should. The special effects were great to me, especially the hippocampus. I definitely encourage people to not rely too heavily on anyone’s opinion, and go see and enjoy this movie."
- "It was terrific! I think the poor reviews were so unfair. This isn’t the best movie in the world, but it was very entertaining. There were some plot changes from the book, but it didn’t bother us. This movie actually stands alone; I think people would enjoy it even if they were not familiar with The Lightning Thief. I would like to see this franchise continue.”
- "A good continuation to the franchise and improves over The Lightning Thief by fixing it’s errors and turning it into a fun-filled experience for Percy Jackson fans. I simply can’t wait for Titan’s Curse to be made into a film as soon as possible.”
- “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters blew away the mistakes of the first film and has become a sort of mid-series reboot. The characters and the story worked well. The brisk pace keeps the audience interested and intrigued. The changes from the book are executed much differently from the ones in The Lightning Thief. Instead of slapping the face of Rick Riordan and the book, this actually has a great respect for the source material and works with it. The ending signals a more emotional and darker sequel (Thalia!), which I would be whole-heartily excited for. Great movie, fairly good adaption, and a spot on cast! What more could we ask for! Onward to Titan’s Curse!”
So, would you like to prove to the world that we demigods will not go down without a fight? Let’s prove to everyone that these films are enjoyed, and should continue.
Need some inspiration for this huge project? Read this article!
LET’S DO THIS, DEMIGODS!
1. Thursday, April 3rd, 6:00 P.M.-12:00 A.M. (EST)
- We will be flooding 20th Century Fox's twitter with movie continuation requests and illustrate to them why we want the films to continue, with the original cast in tact (including Logan). For example, you may send heartfelt notes, fanmade posters, and other such support. We need to create worldwide trends. Be sure to begin each tweet with @20thcenturyfox so it is sent directly to their twitter. Important: add the hashtag #WeNeedTitansCurseMovie to each tweet you send.
2. Sunday, April 6th, 6:00 P.M.-12:00 A.M. (EST)
- We will be sending the entire cast support and love to their twitters, to let them know of our appreciation for their hard work on these films. You may see a full list of their twitters in the column of multiple links guided by arrows in my blog’s header. Be sure to begin each tweet with their username so it is sent directly to their twitters. Important: add the hashtag #WeLoveYouPJOCast to each tweet you send.
3. Sign this petition to further the film series.
- This petition needs all the signatures it can get! It could really be promising if it reaches its goal. Sign, sign, sign, and tell your friends about it!
4. Share your love for these movies anywhere and everywhere, in any way.
- I personally am planning to (other than be involved in both Twitter blowouts) write a letter to 20th Century Fox to thoroughly explain my love for the films, as well as the way they have truly changed my life. But, you may show your support and appreciation however you like! Please, contribute however you can. Let’s blow up the internet, showing that the films do have a supportive fanbase!
I am very excited to see what this fandom is made of, especially when we come together. We have gotten our voices to be heard before, in successful worldwide trends, social networking pages, and so much more. I have faith in you, demigods. And I hope you have faith in me, too.
We CAN do this. I believe in it with all my heart.
And, after these successful projects, we will continue! If you have any ideas, suggestions, or comments at any time, feel free to message me, as well as if you have any questions.
(Sidenote: If you do not enjoy the films, please be respectful of this project, and simply refrain from commenting or showing negativity.)
LET’S KEEP PERCY ALIVE!
For the fans who are still wanting a third film, spread the word. Do whatever you can. Make the film industry KNOW that there is interest in a third film, and beyond.
Need some confirmation as to why there should be a third film? Read this!
Also, please sign this petition to help aid in the rest of the book series being made into film.
I took it a looong time ago.